Anantapuram is the biggest district of Andhra Pradesh. It is bounded by Bellary, Kurnool District on the North, Cuddapah and Kolar Districts of Karnataka on South East and North respectively. The geographical area of the district is 19.13 lakh hectares. Some of the advantages of the city include the following:-
- Good road & railway connectivity to major Indian cities such as Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Tirupati
- Good connectivity with port such as Krishnapatnam Port and airports such as Puttaparthi, Tirupati and Bangalore International Airport
- Access to latent talent from cities such as Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabadas well as availability of qualified domestic labour pool at comparatively competitive labour costs
- Strategically located in proximity to major cities such as Bengaluru (less than 100 Km),Chennai (405 Km) and Hyderabad (357 Km)
The industrial activities are one of the prime economic activities of the city.
- District wise Gross value Added (2014-15) – INR 34,536 crores
- Gross Value Added of Industry Sector (2014-15) – INR 7,916 lakhs
- Gross Value Added of Services Sector (2014-15) – INR 15,995 lakhs
- Per capita income (2014-15)– INR 81,742
- Industry Scenario14 at a glance for Anantapuram (2011-12) is as follows:-
|1||Registered Industrial Unit||No.||250|
|2||Total Industrial Unit/ Including Unregistered||No.||7000|
|3||Registered Medium & Large Unit||No.||84|
|4||Employment In Large and Medium Industries||No.||30893|
|5||Turnover Of Small Scale Industries/ Investment||In Lacs||1235.76|
|6||Turnover Of Medium & Large Scale Industries||In Crores||6322.47|
In its endeavour to support the growth of IT/ ITeS, BPM and ESDM industry in Anantapuram, GoAP has undertaken several infrastructure projects to enable companies to start operations in the city. These include:
- Incubation Centre at JNTU Anantapuram Campus
- In an extent of 4.09 Acres
- Electronic Manufacturing Cluster (EMC) in Gudipalli (V), Somandepalli (M), Anantapuram District
- Approximately 372.52 Acres
- Proposed land is abutting NH-7 (Bengaluru-Hyderabad)
- Situated at a distance of 37 Kms from Hindupur town
- ELCINA – Raga Mayuri Electronics Park, Chilamathur, Anantapuram District
- Approximately 50 Acres
- Land is on NH7 (Bengaluru – Hyderabad )
- 65 kms from Bengaluru Airport
- 35 kms from Puttaparthy; 30 kms from Hindupur
- 15 kms from Lepakshi; 10 kms from Veerapuram (Birds Sanctuary)
- 5 kms from Bagepalli Space City
- 300 meters Highway facing
- Power Supply with Electrical Transformer
- Bore well with Adequate Water
- Location map is placed at Figure 6:-
- National Investment and Manufacturing Zones (NIMZ), Anantapuram
- Solar Park by NTPC in Anantapuram
- Anantapuram is part of the proposed Bengaluru Kurnool Industrial corridor15 and Chennai – Bengaluru Industrial Corridor (CBIC)
- Upcoming Bharat Electronics Ltd. Defense systems integration complex in Palasamudram spread over 914 acres
- Defence manufacturing clusters planned
- Plans to develop a life Sciences Park
- SEZ in Hindupur
- 1750 (approximate) acres of land earmarked for a SEZ,Industrial and Residential township at Hindupur in Seemandhra
- 85 kms from Bengaluru International Airport
- Located on SH34 and is 25 km away from NH7
- Located around 8 km from Hindupur along SH34 and 112 km from Anantapuram
- 8 Km from Hindupur Railway Station
- There will be a variety of industrial sub-zones as well as multiproduct special sub-zones; such as yarn and textile Industries, garment and leather industries, IT/ ITes/ BPO, solar/ renewable energy, gem and jewelry, auto components, corporate farming, light engineering, electronic goods, entertainment and educational zone etc.
- Vittal Innovation city to set up a dedicated Aerospace and Defence park
- VIC site is abutting the NH7
- 75 Km from Bengaluru International Airport
- 15 Km from Hindupur Railway Station
- Location map is placed at Figure 7:-
- Large Technology and Talent Pool
Anantapuram is home to 3 universities –
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technical University
This University has three Constituent Units viz., JNTUA College of Engineering, Anantapuram, JNTUA College of Engineering, Pulivendula and Oil Technological Research Institute, Anantapuram.
- Sri Krishnadevaraya University
The University has five colleges on the campus: SKU College of Arts, SKU College of Sciences, SKU College of Engineering and Technology, SKU College of Education and SKU College of Pharmacy.
SKU College of Arts has 13 Departments offering 18 PG courses besides one UG course. SKU College of Sciences has 16 Departments offering 19 PG courses. SKU College of Engineering and Technology, started in 2006-07, offers M. Tech. in three branches and B. Tech. in five branches. SKU College of Education, started in 2007-2008, offers M.Ed. and B.Ed. programmes. SKU College of Pharmacy, started in 2008-2009, offers M. Pharmacy with three specializations and B. Pharmacy programmes.3950 students are enrolled in various courses.
- Sri Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Learning
SSSIHL provides free education to students in all programmes of study. This includes waiver of all fees- tuition, examinations, laboratory, library, sports and medical. Programmes offered include undergraduate, postgraduate, professional and research.
Some of the prominent polytechnic colleges in the district are government polytechnic, R.V. Institute of PH. education& RES, BIT Institute of Technology, Intell Engineering College, P.V.K.K. Institute of Technology, Narayana Institute of Diploma in Engineering and Technology, Sir C.V.RAMAN Institute of Technology & Sciences, Sri Krishnadevaraya Engineering College, Chiranjeevi Reddy Institute of Engineering and Technology etc
Number of degree colleges (including post graduate courses) in the district is 14 (11 government and 3 private aided).Further, an Energy University is also planned in the district.
- Social Infrastructure
Anantapuram has excellent educational facilities at all levels. The district has schools affiliated to the CBSE and many UG and PG colleges in the areas of engineering, commerce, science, arts and management. The category wise schools as per U-DISE 2015-16 is as follows:-
Category No. of schools Local Body and Government 3835 Aided Schools 43 Private Schools 1111 Others 17 Unrecognized 18
The data presented is available as on 31.3.2015
Govt. Medical facilities – Allopathic General Hospitals Allied Hospitals Primary health centres Contract Doctor 19 3 80 41 Beds available Dispensaries Regular
1,930 5 409
Table 6: Data for Government Medical Facilitiesin Anantapuram
Criteria A: No. of Dispensaries; No. of Doctors Ayurveda Unani Homeopathy Naturopathy A B A B A B A B Government 28 18 13 8 12 8 – – NRHM 22 6 6 3 13 5 2 1
Major hospitals in Anantapuram district are:-
Name and Address of Hospitals No. of beds ASHA Hospitals, Court Road, Anantapuram 60 RDT Hospital, Bellary Road, Kalyandurg 95 RDT Hospital, Kadiri Road, Bathalapalli 200 RDT Hospital, Kanekal (75) + Anatapuram (100) 175 Snehalatha Multi Speciality Hospital, Khaja Nagar, Anantapuram 70 Sri. Padmavathi Seenivasa Multispeciality Hospitals, Hanumesh Nagar, Guntakal 200 Vijaya Multi Speciality Hospital, Navodaya Colony, Anantapuram 200 Jeevanajyothi Hospitals Limited, 15/ 381, Kamala Nagar, Anantapuram 200 Mythri Hospital, 15/ 721, Kamala Nagar, Anantapuram 100 Dr. YSR Memorial Hospitals, D.No.12-2-878, 1st Cross,
Sai Nagar, Anantapuram
100 Sri Sai Lakshmi Multi Specality Hospital & C.T. Scan Center, D.No.12-3-55, 4th Cross, Sai Nagar, Anantapuram 100 Saveera Hospital Pvt. Limited, Sy.No. 155, Kakkalapalli, Rudrampeta, Anantapuram 260
- Entertainment and Tourist Spots
In 2014, Anantapuram attracted around 1.4 lakhs domestic tourists and 1,478 foreign tourists.
- Prominent tourism destinations in the district are:
S.No. Destinations Information i. Gugudu · Situated at 29 kms from Anantapuram among Mutchukota Hills.
· Known for its Moharum Festival, Sri Kullai Swamy Chavidi & Sri Anjaneya Swamy Temple.
ii. Lepakshi · Situated at 14 kms from Hindupur Town
· Famous for Veerabhadra Temple and huge stone” NANDI”
iii. Kasapuram · Situated about 4 kms north of Guntakal
· Known for the temple of Nettikanti Veera Anjaneya Swamy
iv. Alurkona · Situated at 5 kms. from Tadpatri
· Known for Sri Ranganatha Swamy Temple built on the top of hill by Yerramaraju, a Chiefttain of Bukkarayalu in 1330
v. Pennaahobilam · Situated at 35 kms from Anantapuram
· Known for temple of “Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy”, called as “Degurla Narasimha Swamy”, constructed on a hillock of 30 feet height
vi. Gutibayalu · Situated about 21 kms South-East of Kadiri
· Known for a Banyan tree whose branches spread over ~5 acres, locally called “Thimmamma Marrimanu”
vii. Puttapathy · Situated on banks of Chitravathi, ~29 kms from Penukonda
· It is the abode of Puttaparthy Sri Sathya Sai Baba
viii. Penukonda · One of the early capitals of the Vijayanagara empire
· “Gagan Mahal” and “Babayya Darga” are two most notrworthy sights in the fort
· Kumbakarna garden here is spread over 5 acres and has a Gigantic statue of the sleeping Kumbakarna
ix. Hemavathi · Located at 140kms from Anantapuram
· Famous for Doddeswara Swamy temple built during the Pallava Reign
· The temple area houses 2 other temples dedicated to Lord Shiva called the Siddeswara Swamy and Mallikarjuna Swamy
· Also, there is a Museum inside
x. Rayadurg Fort · Located at 130kms from Anantapuram
· Built by the Vijayanagara Kings
· Within the fort, there is RasaSidda Temple
· Other sites in the proximity are temples of Rama, Narasimha Swamy, Neelakanteswara and Jambukeswara.
xi. Gooty Fort · Located at 52kms from Anantapuram at a height of 300mts on a hill which is one of the oldest hill forts in A.P.
· Built during the Vijayanagara era, it is significant for its water resources available at such a height.
xii. Tadipatri · Chintala Venkataramana Temple is located in Tadipatri at a distance of 52 kms from Anantapuram.
· At a distance of 1 km. from Tadipatri, overlooking the Penna river, the Bugga Ramalingeswara Temple is remarkable for a Lingam
xiii. Sri Kadiri Laxmi Narasimha Swamy temple · In Kadiri, Lord Vishnu set foot and handed over the Utsavamoorthis to Brugu Maharshi
· Special Poojas are performed during Dassera and Sakranthi.
xiv. Dharmavaram · Sri Laxmi Chennakeshwara Temple is renowned for its architectural brilliance and perennial waterspout and pillars, which produces 7 different musical notes when struck
· Known for its cotton and silk weaving industry
· Known for its expertise in making leather puppet
xv. Jambu Dweepa at Konakondla · The south Indian Jain pilgrims are mostly attracted by Jambu Dweepa, which is 70 kms from Anantapuram or 10 kms from Guntakal Railway Station
· Adjacent to this, there are Kambam Narasimha Swamy Hills, Rasasidda hillock and Kari Basappa hillock
· There is a Thirthanka Temple with idols of Thirthankaras (high priests) on Rasasidda hillock, may belong to 13th Century A.D
- B) L
Table 9: Prominent tourist destination in Anantapuram District
- b) Line Projects by GoAP
- Establishment of way side amenities near Penukonda on NH-44 : near yerramanchi
- Establishment of way side amenities near Maruru Tollgate on NH-44
- River front beautification, light and sound facilities at Puttaparthi
 Dist. Medl. & Health Officer, Ananthapuramu
 Statistical abstract 2015_Directorate of Tourism, AP
The key provisions of gazette notification are:-
- The State government will initiate the proposal for ITIRs.
- State government would have to ensure availability of land and provide all physical internal infrastructure including power, water, road and sewerage.
- A developer entity (Government/ private/ PPP) would be identified by the State Government through a transparent mechanism for developing, financing, operating and managing the infrastructure and other facilities in the ITIR.
- Appropriate & adequate residential facilities with focus on housing for EWS and urban poor should be incorporated to prevent mushrooming of slums.
According to the gazette notification of GoI for ITIR and the Minutes of meetingheld on 22ndApril 2016 with regards to amendment in lTlR Policy, 2008, the ITIR delineation should be based on the following criteria:
- Self-contained integrated townships to provide infrastructure for IT/ ITeS and Electronic Hardware Industry
- Minimum area of ITIR should be 40 Km² i.e., 10,000 acres
- At least 40% area should be processing zone i.e., 16 Km² or 4,000 acres
- At least 20% area should be in possession of the State Government i.e., 8 Km² or 2,000 acres
- ITIRs may include SEZs, industrial parks, export oriented units, existing settlements/ industries or new townships.
- Infrastructure created in ITIR may have features of smart cities, however no separate provision for financing Smart City features in ITIRs under the Smart City Scheme would be provided.
The concept of Anantapuram ITIR has been developed considering a mix of brown-field and green-field development foreseeing of existing developments and vacant land with potential for growth in future. It is proposed to be integrated with the existing and proposed settlements and with natural features.
The area for ITIR has been delineated centered on the existing developments, vacant land available with the government, declaration of completed and upcoming projects such as IT SEZ, EMCs, Logistic Parks and integrated IT townships etc.
Based on site visit, data provided by APIIC and discussion with various government officials, the following areas appear to be available with the government and has been intended for the ITIR:-
|Division||Area||Area in acres|
|Processing (acres)||Non-Processing (acres)||Total (acres)|
|Cluster 1||Chillamathur, Somandepalli, Penukonda, Puttaparthy||12610.52 (52%)||11640.48||2,4251.00|
|Cluster 2||Dharmavaram, Anantapuram||2491
The total size of the proposed ITIR is 130.86 sq. km. The total processing area is 66.30 sq. km (50.66%) and non-processing area is 64.56 sq. km (49.34%). The proposed location has excellent potential for development of both processing and non-processing areas. In the proposed processing area in the three agglomerations, many IT and EHM projects are in the planning stage.
With reference to Table 22, the following details may be referred regarding the existing and future developments in the region:-
 Doc No.21/2016-CA.lll
The Cluster 1 of the proposed ITIR is 24,251 acres i.e., 98.15 square Kilometre with a total processing zone of 12610.52 acres i.e., 51 Sq. Km. and a non-processing zone of 11640.48 acres i.e., 47.10 Sq. Km. This cluster has an advantage of following:-
- EMC in Gudipalli
- ELCINA Raga Mayuri Electronics
- Bharat Electronics Limited
- SEZ in Hindupur
- Vittal Innovation City
Other advantages of the region is:-
- Direct connectivity to Kempegowda International Airport
- Water bodies such as Palasamudra Lake, pedda reddy palem cheruvu, Somandepalle cheruvu, Bhoga Samudram Lake, Bukkapatnam Lake, Penna river, Jayamangali River and Chitravathi River
- Greatway International School is located in the area
- Connectivity to NH-7 and NH-44
- Krishnapatnam port between 300 – 410 Kms
- Nearest railway station is Hindupur and Penukonda
With a total area of 5414.56 acres i.e., 21 Sq. Km (Processing area of 10 Sq. Km and Non-processing area of 11.83 Sq. Km), Cluster 2 is enduring with various developmental activities to promote IT, ITeS and EHM sectors.
- Water bodies such as Dharmavaram water tank, Chitravathi river, Apara Cheruvu, Pandameru river, Maddileru River,
- Connectivity to NH 5, NH-7 and NH-44
- Nearest railway station is Gooty, Anantapuram, Malakavemula, Dharmavaram
Krishnapatnam port between 315 – 410 Kms
The total processing area is 2672.44 acres i.e., 10.81 sq. km with processing area of 1283 acres i.e., 5.19 sq. km and non-processing area of 1389 acres i.e., 5.62 sq km.
- Presence of STSN Government Degree College, Government Polytechnic College
- Connectivity to NH-5, NH- 42 and NH-34, NH-205
- Presence of Kummaravandla Palle Industrial Park
- Waterbodies such as Itikirathi Cheruvu, Itukarathi Cheruvu, Devara Cheruvu
- Direct connectivity to Kempegowda International Airport (150 Kms)
- Krishnapatnam port between 295-365 Kms
The land usage details for the clusters are as follows:-
|Cluster||Area||Village||Land usage details|
|Cluster 1||Chillamathur||Tekulodu||Development of Industrial Park/ I.T. Park|
|Development of Aerospace, Defence, Electronic and IT based Industries|
|Penukonda||Kotipi, Madakasira, Palasamudram,||Industrial park and Industrial Corridor|
|Puttaparthi||Kappalabanda, Beedupalli, Brahmanapalli, Enumulapalli||Development of Aerospace, Defence, Electronic and IT based Industries. Cellular manufacturing companies have also shown interest.|
|Cluster 2||Dharmavaram||Rapthadu, Sanevaripalli, Malakavemula, Dadaluru, Regatipalli||Industrial Park|
|Anantapuram||Peddavadagur, Kuderu,||Industrial park|
|Cluster 3||Kadiri||Thummala, Kutagulla||Industrial Park|
As per the requirement of the Gazette Notification and for efficient planning and development of the ITIR, the proposed ITIR is divided into two phases. Phase I will involve physical development in the area demarcated for cluster 1, developing the policy framework of the ITIR, constituting governing and administrative bodies, provision of requisite infrastructure and detailed master planning. The following are the key developments that are proposed to happen during the initial years.
- Social and other essential infrastructure development in the areas ofChillamathur, Somandepalli, Penukonda, Puttaparthy, Dharmavaram, Anantapuram and Kadiri.
- Development and improvement of the road networks to the processing and non-processing areas on priority with R&B department, GoAP along with other basic and essential services such as bus services to these areas
- Completion of the remaining phases of IT/ ITeS corridor &EHM layouts in cluster 1, 2 and 3
PHASE – I
Planning and Framework
- Preparation of a detailed master plan for the ITIR and notification of the same.
- Plan for all essential facilities for external infrastructure such as road networking, power, water, sewerage etc. in coordination with all stakeholders.
- Creation of a Habitat Development Centre for housing the offices of various development agencies, financial agencies, licensed developers/builders etc. involved in the development of ITIR
- Demarcation of all roads right-of-ways, delineation of the various areas, recreational areas, lakes and water bodies and buffer zones etc. on ground.
- Creation seed capital and infrastructure development fund to APEITA by GoAP
The time frame is up to 2019.
PHASE – II
- Development of all city level trunk infrastructure facilities
- Development of city level social and cultural infrastructure facilities
- Development of all the identified residential development projects
- Development of all other projects identified in the Master plan
The time frame is up to 2028.